October 30, 2015
Voting Open for BCA Board of Directors Election - Notice of the 2015 Annual Meeting to be held on November 17th at 7:00 PM at Brambleton Corner Clubhouse, including instructions for voting, can be found on our website. The purpose of this year's Annual Meeting is to elect two new Directors to the BCA Board, share Association and community information to the membership, and to provide an opportunity after the meeting for residents to ask specific questions of the Association. The candidates running for the two Board positions are Shyam Bommakanti, Avinash R. Kota, Joe Parker, Ram Venkat, and Brian Viola.
2016 Budget and Assessments – The BCA passed the 2016 Operating Budget, which set the assessments for next year. Assessment coupon booklets will be mailed out after Thanksgiving. The 2016 Budget and Assessment packet can be found on the BCA website. Monthly assessments for 2016 are as follows:
- Detached = $181.10 (General) + (Tech/Comm) + (SFD) + (Recreation)
- Detached w/ Common Driveway = $193.38 (General) + (Tech/Comm) + (SFD) + (Recreation) + (Common Drive)
- Townhouse = $187.54 (General) + (Tech/Comm) + (SFA) + (Recreation)
- Townhouse w/ Grounds Maintenance = $205.54 (General) + (Tech/Comm) + (SFA) + (Recreation) + (SFA Grounds Maint)
- Summerfield Condominium = $139.34 This is only the BCA portion of the assessment. (General: Condo*) + (Tech/Comm)
- The Residences Condominiums = $148.48 This is only the BCA portion of the assessment. (General: Condo*) + (Tech/Comm) + (Recreation)
Development Activity Update – Brambleton’s developer continues to perform bond release in the sections noted below. Work may include asphalt repair; concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. See the site map for the location of each section. In addition to the ongoing work on Northstar Blvd. and development in the community, for the week of 11/02/15, bond release activity is planned in the following sections:
Northstar Boulevard Update – Unexpected conditions have caused delays in the Northstar construction project. As soon as a new projected completion date is available, we will publish the information.
Our office works closely with the Developer’s office to include information in the Friday Flash; however, with the unpredictable pace of these activities, it is not always possible. We do serve as the liaison to the Developer’s office, so if you have questions, contact us via email or submit a request on our website.
– Wishing you all a Safe and Happy Halloween! Loudoun County public safety officials would like to remind everyone to keep safe with the following safety tips. Fall Wine Tour on the Bram Bus
- Sunday, November 8th. Join us for a tour of 868 Estate Vineyards, Breaux Vineyards, and Maggie Malick Wine Caves. The bus will leave from the Town Center (in front of Fox Cinemas) at 11:00 AM and return at 6:00 PM. Tickets are $25 per person, which includes transportation only. Wine tastings and food will be at your own expense. Sign up here
to reserve your seat. Limited space remains. After you sign up, click here
to pay for your ticket. You must pay the $25 ticket price prior to departure. Fall Yard Sale
– Saturday, November 7th, at 8:00 AM. Reserve your space at the Community Center
parking lot, or if you'd prefer to sell from your house, add your name and address to the yard sale neighborhood directory. Sign up
today! Register Now for Pictures with Santa!
– November 14th and 15th. Jolly St. Nick will be at the Community Center to meet and greet your little ones at one of our most popular events of the year. Sign up
now because this event sells out fast!
Come Have a Scare at the Hanback’s Haunted Garage - October 30th & 31st from dark until 10:00 PM, 42310 Rising Moon Place. This is a free event; however, donations to It Takes a Village, Baby are welcome! 100% of the donations will go to help local families in need who are expecting new babies. To learn more, visit www.itavb.org. If you choose to drive, please be vigilant of the many children in the neighborhood!
If You're Thankful and You Know It and You Really Want to Show It – Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. The Loudoun Soccer 2001 Boys Red Team is thankful for all that they have and want to give back to the greater Loudoun community! The Team, on behalf of Loudoun Interfaith Relief Inc, will conduct a Thanksgiving Food Drive through Monday, November 2nd. Please consider filling a grocery bag with stuffing, boxed potatoes, canned goods, gravy, cranberry sauce, and a grocery store gift card and dropping that bag off at the Brambleton Welcome Center or BCA Management office at the Brambleton Town Center. All donated goods will be collected by the Team and delivered to Loudoun Interfaith Relief in time to be distributed for Thanksgiving. Thank you!
Scouting for Food Drive - Cub Scout Pack 1500, representing Creighton, Legacy, and Rosa Lee elementary schools, will be conducting their annual Scouting for Food Drive in Brambleton. Scouts will distribute plastic donation bags/flyers to homes on November 7th and return to pick up the bags, filled with food, on November 14th. Our goal is to collect over 1,750 lbs of food, which will be distributed through local food banks to those families in need. Any food donated is greatly appreciated. If you don't receive a bag and wish to donate food, please contact Rob Atkins at email@example.com or Dennis Kellen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lace Up for Learning Competition is Heating Up! - November 14th. The 3rd Annual Lace Up for Learning 5k & Mascot Mini Mile is a family-oriented "fun-racing" event designed to encourage a healthy lifestyle and engage local communities in support of our schools. Simply choose which of the following participating schools to support when you register: Briar Woods, Creighton's Corner, Legacy, Moorefield Station, Rock Ridge, Stone Hill, St. Theresa and Virginia Academy. Use coupon code SPIRIT15 to save $2 until October 31st. Online registration closes on November 10th. For more details, or to register, visit: www.LaceUpforLearning.com.
- In the continuing effort to maintain Brambleton as one of the most architecturally pleasing and well maintained communities in this area, and in accordance with the governing documents of the Association, exterior inspections of homes and lots are ongoing throughout the year. Inspections are performed by the staff of the Brambleton Community Association and are typically conducted from the property line. Staff does not enter fenced yards or access decks during these inspections. Please contact the Covenants Advisors at 703-542-6263 or email@example.com
, if you have any questions or need more information regarding the routine inspection process or any other Covenants related matter. Highlight on Design Guidelines
- The Design Review Guidelines and a copy of the Design Review Application can be easily found on our website
. It is beneficial to review the specific guidelines pertaining to your planned modification to see if a modification needs review and approval from the Covenants Committee. Most residents know they need approval for large modifications such as decks and fences. But some smaller items, even if portable, need approval.
Exterior decorative objects that are greater than twelve (12) inches in height or eighteen (18) inches in width or depth, or in quantities greater than two, whether natural or man-made, which were not part of the original construction design, require approval by the Covenants Committee. Visit the website to review the entire Exterior Decorative Object guidelines
. If you have any questions regarding what is permitted in your section, please contact Elizabeth Stulga at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 703-542-6263.Design Review
– The next meeting for Design Review will be Monday, November 9, 2015 at 7:00 PM. Applications will be reviewed for accuracy if submitted by November 4, 2015. Applications will be accepted in the office up to 4:00 PM on November 9, 2015 but may not be reviewed for accuracy and completion prior to the meeting. If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website
or contact Elizabeth Stulga at email@example.com
, or call 703-542-6263.