September 20, 2019
Fall Yard Sale - This year’s Fall Yard Sale will take place on Saturday, September 21st from 8 AM to 12 PM at the Community Center and at residents' homes throughout Brambleton. Click here for more information, including a list of participating homes.
- GreenDrop will be onsite at the Community Center from 11:30 AM to 2 PM to collect donations for the Military Order of the Purple Heart. Please check their website for items they can and cannot accept.
- Yuck Old Paint will be onsite at the Community Center from 8 AM to 12 PM. Bring your old paint cans in the original containers and they will recycle the paint in an earth-friendly fashion! $5 fee per can, no 5-gallon buckets accepted. Charge/cash/check accepted. Be sure to take advantage of this service due to the fact that unused paint cannot be disposed of through Republic’s regular curbside trash service.
- First 100 Cans Free! BCA will pick up the cost for the first 100 cans of paint dropped off by Brambleton residents. In order to receive this benefit, you must show your Bram Life Pass (pool pass) at the time of drop-off. Free disposal is limited to 4 cans per Brambleton household. Additional cans may be disposed of at the standard $5/can rate.
Two by Four Race - The third annual Two by Four Race Against Childhood & Canine Cancer takes place on Saturday, September 28th from 8 to 10 AM. Join two-legged and four-legged athletes and race for a great cause! All net proceeds will support cutting-edge research for cancers that kids and dogs both develop.
- Course signs will be placed along the race route in advance of the event. Please be advised that there may be some delays as police and course marshals allow runners to safely pass by.
2019 Election: A Call for BCA Board Candidates - BCA is seeking candidates for three seats on its Board that will be filled in this fall’s election. Please visit our Call for Candidates page for a Nominating Petition and the election timeline.
- Residents who have served on an Association committee or other board position or have an interest in serving the community typically make great candidates for a HOA board position. The commitment is for a three-year term.
- The Board regularly meets every even month beginning at 8:15 AM, with possible additional meetings to handle special Association business. Meetings typically last approximately two hours. The meeting time and frequency is subject to change if the new Board deems it appropriate or necessary. Specific requirements and duties for Board Members can be found in the Association’s governing documents available here.
- Residents interested in running for the Board are expected to schedule a meeting with General Manager Rick Stone to discuss the responsibilities and duties of a Board Member. If you have questions pertaining to the open Board positions or the election itself, please contact Mr. Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BCA EVENTS & PROGRAMMINGWorld of Food Trucks - EatLoco's last World of Food Trucks event of the year takes place on Thursday, September 26th from 5:30 to 8:30 PM at Legacy Park and Olympia Dr. Come out and enjoy a variety of local food trucks and relax with family and friends! Click here and visit www.eatloco.org/locotrucks for more information.
Girls on the Run -
We are excited to bring Girls on the Run
back to Brambleton this fall! Registration
is still open and has been extended through Friday, October 4th. Check out our video
with coach Kerri Gonzalez for more information about this program.Fall Fest -
This year’s Fall Fest
takes place on Saturday, October 5th from 12 to 6 PM. Come out with the whole family and enjoy rides, live music, food trucks, beer and wine, an artist marketplace, and more!
Neighborhood Block Party -
- Location: Shreveport Dr between Belmont Ridge Rd and Loudoun County Pkwy (Same location as Red White & BRAM)
- Tickets: Tickets will be sold at the gate for $10 per person with a Bram Life Pass (pool pass) and $15 per person without a pass. Entry includes unlimited rides. Entry is free for ages 2 and under.
- Volunteers: Volunteer registration is now open! Click here to sign up.
- Artists and Crafters: We are also accepting applications to participate in the Artist and Crafters Marketplace! This is a great opportunity to get your name and products in front of thousands of people. Visit the Fall Fest page for an application.
- Sponsors: Fall Fest is one of the best events to sponsor in Brambleton with attendance in the thousands. If you are interested in being a sponsor, please email email@example.com.
Brambleton’s first community-wide Neighborhood Block Party will take place on Saturday, October 19th from 4 to 11 PM! This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know your neighbors better, create a greater sense of community, and build a safer neighborhood. We are looking for residents to participate as well as serve as captains/co-captains for each block party. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are interested in being a captain. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/blockparty
for more information, including a map of suggested block party locations.Overtime Athletics: School’s Out Camps -
Overtime Athletics is excited to host their School’s Out Day Camps at the Community Center this school year! Visit their website
to register and find a list of camp dates.COMMUNITY STANDARDSPet Nuisance -
Our office has recently received an increase in reports of dog barking disturbances. As stated in Brambleton’s Policy Resolution # 7
, the following shall be grounds for complaint and finding of a community nuisance:
- Pets making or causing noises of sufficient volume to interfere with other residents' rest or peaceful enjoyment of the property.
Please be mindful of your neighbors and do not allow your pet to bark for an extended period. Residents are welcome to submit a barking dog complaint on the Loudoun County website
. Click here
to report general animal related complaints, including feces removal, to Loudoun County. In addition, Loudoun County Animal Control can be reached at 703-777-0406. For emergency complaints after hours, please contact the Sheriff’s Department at 703-777-1021.Mowing Maintenance -
The Association regularly hears from residents concerned about the lack of necessary mowing on residential properties. BCA conducts proactive inspections throughout the community and provides notice to owners found to be in violation of the Property Maintenance Standards
. For properties that have been identified with turf that exceeds 6 inches, BCA sends a certified letter providing 10 days to correct the violation. If the violation remains, the Association will document the violation with photos and then direct its contractor to perform the necessary mowing. Charges of up to $150 are then assessed to the individual lot owners. Please contact email@example.com
with questions or concerns.Yard Waste Disposal -
Yard waste collection occurs on Tuesdays and should not be placed out on days other than Tuesday.
- Brambleton Yard Waste stickers are available at the BCA Management Office. These stickers are free to all residents to mark designated yard debris containers.
- Residents that do not wish to use a dedicated yard debris container may use brown paper bags. The Association's contractor will not pick up yard debris in other styles of bags.
- Yard waste consists of grass clippings, leaves, and branches in small bundles that are less than 4 ft long and weigh no more than 50 lbs. Tree stumps, sod, dirt, mulch, rocks, bricks, and other construction debris are not accepted.
Please refer to the website
for proper disposal practices of yard waste.GREATER BRAMBLETONLittle Flower Children's Consignment Sale -
Little Flower Consignment will host a children's consignment sale on Saturday, September 28th from 8 AM to 2 PM at St. Theresa’s Catholic School
. The sale offers gently used children's clothing, baby equipment, toys, books, and more. Visit www.lfcsale.org
for more details.Celebrate Calm Workshops -
Brambleton Presbyterian Church is bringing in Celebrate Calm on Sunday, September 29th for three free workshops on navigating stress & anxiety for students, parents, and educators. All are welcome. Click here
to register and find more information.TALK OF THE TOWN CENTERNorthern Virginia Orthodontics -
Northern Virginia Orthodontics is hosting a Braces Bonanza on Wednesday, September 25th from 3 to 8 PM. For one day only, you can save $1,000 off full braces or Invisalign Teen treatment! Call 703-574-2174 to schedule your free smile consultation, or visit nvorthodontics.com/bracesbonanza
to learn more. Appointments are limited, so contact NVO today!National Coffee Day -
Celebrate National Coffee Day at the Brambleton Library on Sunday, September 29th at 1:30 PM! Join professional coffee roaster Sam Kayser from Lone Oak Coffee Company as he discusses the varieties and origins of coffee. Sample different roasts and learn how they make their way into your cup. For adults and teens. Click here
for more information.Paperbacks & Pastries Book Club -
The Paperbacks & Pastries Book Club will meet on Monday, October 7th at 7:30 PM at the Brambleton Library
to discuss Sometimes I Lie
by Alice Feeney. Pick up a copy at the library’s second floor service desk. New members are always welcome!COUNTY CORNERNational Voter Registration Day -
Loudoun County will host a National Voter Registration Day event on Tuesday, September 24th from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM at the Office of Elections and Voter Registration (750 Miller Dr SE, Suite C, Leesburg). Staff will register new voters, help existing voters update their registration information, and provide information about the upcoming general election on Tuesday, November 5th. More information can be found here
and at www.loudoun.gov/vote
.MARK YOUR CALENDARSSaturday, September 21stFall Yard Sale, 8 AM to 12 PM - Community CenterSunday, September 22ndEatLoco Brambleton Marketplace, 9 AM to 1 PM - Brambleton Plaza
Tuesday, September 24thFinance Committee Meeting, 7:30 PM - BCA Management Office
Wednesday, September 25thCommunity Technology Committee Meeting, 7 PM - BCA Management OfficeThursday, September 26thEatLoco World of Food Trucks, 5:30 to 8:30 PM - Legacy Park & Olympia Dr