October 2, 2015
Board of Directors Meeting Rescheduled - This month's meeting has been rescheduled to October 20th at 8:15 AM at the BCA Management Office.
BCA Board Members Wanted: Nominating Petitions Due October 7th - The Association has two Board seats opening up this fall and is placing a Call for Candidates for residents that are interested in running. The two board members being elected this fall both hold 3-year terms. Click here to view the Election Guidelines and calendar. To download a copy of the Nominating Petition, click here. All completed Nominating Petitions must be submitted to the BCA Management Office (42395 Ryan Road, Suite 210, Brambleton, VA 20148) and received no later than 5:00 PM on October 7th.
Development Activity Update - Brambleton’s developer continues to perform bond release in the sections noted below. Work may include asphalt repair; concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. See the site map for the location of each section. In addition to the ongoing work on Northstar Blvd. and development in the community, for the week of 10/5/15, bond release activity is planned in the following sections:
- Section 21 - Paving to begin, dependent on weather. Additional details to be posted via electronic signboard next week.
Northstar Boulevard Update - Unexpected conditions have caused delays in the Northstar construction project. As soon as a new projected completion date is available, we will publish the information.YA Book Club Kicks Off!
Our office works closely with the Developer’s office to include information in the Friday Flash; however, with the unpredictable pace of these activities, it is not always possible. We do serve as the liaison to the Developer’s office, so if you have questions, contact us via email or submit a request on our website.
Fall Yard Sale: RESCHEDULED - Due to inclement weather, the Yard Sale has been rescheduled to Saturday, November 7th, at 8:00 AM. Reserve your space at the Community Center parking lot, or if you'd prefer to sell from your house, add your name and address to the yard sale neighborhood director. If you didn't sign up before, now's your chance! Sign up today!
All Things Fall Fest - October 10th, 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM. Join us at the Town Center for Brambleton's largest event of the year! There's sure to be something for everyone, including rides, moon bounces, train rides, a hay maze, food vendors, beer, wine, chili-cook off, cornhole challenge, live music, and more! Mark your calendars for this fun filled afternoon. For more information, visit our website.
- October 20th at 6:30 PM. Join us for the inaugural book club meeting for Young Adults at the Community Center
. The BCA office will have a limited number of copies available. Stop by today!Be a Part of Brambleton's FIRST Poker Run!
: October 24th, 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM. This is not a run or a race. It's a fun adults' night out! Collect a playing card, drink, and appetizer at 5 different locations throughout the Town Center. Winners from each group will win a Bram Prize Pack. The person with the best hand at the end of the night wins a $100 gift card. Cost is $30/person. Must be 21 or over. For more information and to sign up, click here
Final Days to Register! - The 4th Annual Step Sister’s Scramble golf tournament is next Thursday, October 8th at the Golf Club at Lansdowne! Tournament kicks off with a 9:00 AM shotgun start and includes breakfast, cart and green fees, post-tournament luncheon, and unlimited beverage stations! Limited space is still available. For more information or to register online please visit www.stepsistersscramble.com today!
Rock Ridge High School to Host First Annual Band Day Competition - October 10th. Rock Ridge will welcome 10 bands, including Broad Run, Park View, and Loudoun Valley, to compete in four classes. Please join us for an evening of music and entertainment starting at 6:00 PM, with awards at 9:40 PM. Tickets are $6 at the gate. There will be concessions, air grams, and a 50/50 raffle. We hope you can join us and support the RRHS Band!
Thanksgiving Food Drive – Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. The Loudoun Soccer 2001 Boys Red Team is thankful for all that they have and want to give back to the greater Loudoun community. The Team, on behalf of Loudoun Interfaith Relief Inc, will conduct a Thanksgiving Food Drive from Wednesday, October 7th, through Monday, November 2nd. Please consider filling a grocery bag with stuffing, boxed potatoes, canned goods, gravy, cranberry sauce, and a grocery store gift card and dropping that bag off at the Brambleton Welcome Center or BCA Management office at the Brambleton Town Center. All donated goods will be collected by the Team and delivered to Loudoun Interfaith Relief in time to be distributed for Thanksgiving.
Highlight on Design Guidelines
- The Design Review Guidelines and a copy of the Design Review Application can be easily found on our website
. It is beneficial to review the specific guidelines pertaining to your planned modification, as well as to see if a modification needs review and approval from the Covenants Committee. If you have any questions regarding what is permitted in your section please contact Elizabeth Stulga at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 703-542-6263.Post Approval Inspections
- Proactive post approval inspections are currently being conducted on a monthly basis. The Association is inspecting approved modifications to confirm that they were constructed as approved, completed, or started. Approvals from the Covenants Committee are valid for one year. For example, if you applied for a deck in September 2014, you have six months to begin construction of the deck and 12 months to complete the deck. If you make a modification to the original plan, you will need to submit a new design review application. If you have any questions regarding these or any inspections please contact Elizabeth Stulga at email@example.com
or 703-542-6263.Design Review
- The next meeting for Design Review will be Monday, October 5, 2015 at 7:00 PM. Applications will be accepted in the office up to 4:00 PM on October 5, 2015 but may not be reviewed for accuracy and completion prior to the meeting. If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website
or contact Elizabeth Stulga at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or call 703-542-6263.