October 7, 2016
Last Call for BCA Candidates: Nominating Petitions Due by 5:00 PM on 10/14 - BCA has one Board seat opening up this fall and is calling for residents in good standing who want to make a difference in the community to run for the open position.
- The responsibilities of a Board member are outlined in the Association's Bylaws. The commitment is a 3-year term; currently, meetings are held in the morning every other month.
- If you have an interest in running for the position, complete and submit the Nominating Petition form by the deadline of 5:00 PM EST on 10/14/16. Click here for the 2016 Nominating Petition and to see the 2016 Election Calendar.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Rick Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resident Comment Period: 2nd Draft Comprehensive Plans for Neighborhood Parks in Recreation Districts 3 & 4 - Brambleton Community Association has been working with residents and the landscape and land development firm Parker Rodriguez to develop comprehensive plans for neighborhood parks in Recreation Districts 3 and 4. Parker Rodriguez has created a 2nd draft of the comprehensive plans based on resident feedback received on the 1st draft of the comprehensive plans, as well as site visits and input from the Facility and Grounds committee. Please visit our website to review the plans and learn more about the project.
Please send all comments to CIP@brambleton.org by Friday, October 21, 2016. Residents can also comment directly to the Facilities & Grounds Committee at their Tuesday, October 18th meeting. Residents’ Forum will be held at 7:30 PM at the Brambleton Corner Clubhouse.
Help shape your community! We encourage everyone to be part of this important process and thank those who have continued to be involved. We look forward to hearing feedback on the 2nd draft comprehensive plans.
Brambleton Votes! - Brambleton encourages eligible residents to vote and to be engaged in the upcoming national, state, and local election process. The deadline to register to vote in this year's General Election is October 17th.
- Register in person without having to leave the neighborhood at Fall Fest on October 9th and DMV2GO on October 14th.
- Residents may also register at any DMV location.
- Eligible residents may also register to vote online.
- Click here to see opportunities for getting involved in the election process. Students can get involved, too! Click here to find out how.
DMV2GO Back in Bram - October 14th, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. DMV's mobile unit will be at the Town Center in the Harris Teeter parking lot all day, so stop in to renew your license, update your address, REGISTER TO VOTE, and more!
Development Activity Update
Blasting in Brambleton - As a developing community, construction activities are occurring throughout Brambleton on a daily basis. Blasting is one of these activities; current activity is south of the Town Center. As this is a large site, it will take several weeks to complete blasting activities. This first round is for the first phase of development. Crews typically prepare the site for blast in the morning or early afternoon hours and will typically perform the blast mid-afternoon.
Brambleton’s Developer Continues to Perform Bond Release Activity Throughout the Community - Unless otherwise specified, work may include asphalt repair, concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. In addition to the ongoing development in the community, for the week of 10/10/16, bond release activity may occur in the following sections (see site map for locations):
- Section 18
- Section 21
Fall Fest Postponed to October 9th - Join us at the Town Center from 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM for this annual tradition, featuring kids' rides, food trucks, local artisans, live music, Chili Cook-Off, Cornhole Challenge, Car & Bike Show, and more! Get details here.
Fall Yard Sale - October 15th, 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM. Score some great finds without having to leave the neighborhood. Or add your name to the list of participating homes by October 10th if you've got stuff to sell.Call for Books!
- Our Little Free Library book supply has dwindled over the past year. If you'd like to free up some space on your bookshelves at home, we would love to help you! Please feel free to drop off any gently used books (or maybe any books that you've borrowed from one of the Library stations and forgotten to return?) at the Community Center on October 15th during the Fall Yard Sale
, or anytime at the BCA Management Office. While we're very grateful for any books you would like to donate, we could really use children's books at this time. Thank you!Support Your School at Lace Up for Learning 5k & Mascot Mini-Mile
- This family-oriented "fun-racing" event is designed to encourage a healthy lifestyle and engage local communities in support of our schools. The following beneficiary schools are participating: Briar Woods, Creighton's Corner, Legacy, Madison's Trust, Moorefield Station, Rock Ridge, Stone Hill, St. Theresa, and Virginia Academy. Register October 15th to guarantee your race shirt. Use coupon code FLASH16 to save $3 until 12:00 PM on 10/13. For more details, or to register, visit www.LaceUpforLearning.com
.Witches Brew Bus Tour
- October 30th - 10:30 AM - 4:30 PM. Hop on the Bram Bus for this fun brewery tour, including three local stops. Costumes are encouraged but not required! $15/person. Ticket includes transportation and gratuity for the driver. Participants are responsible for the cost of their beverages and food. Click here
to view the schedule and purchase tickets.Tickets Now on Sale for Wine 101: Pairing Food & Wine
- November 5th, 7:00 PM at the Community Center. In the fourth installment of this popular series, we'll explore some classic pairings and discover for ourselves what makes some foods and wines pair together so perfectly...or not (oh no!). Seats are very limited, so sign up
now! Must be 21 or over to attend.
Be Part of a Lifesaving Journey and Donate Blood - October 15th, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM at the Community Center. Girl Scout Troop 2477 is hosting a blood drive in partnership with BCA. Visit www.redcrossblood.org and use sponsor code: Girl Scout Troop 2477 to schedule an appointment.
Comprehensive Lot Inspections to Begin in Section 14 - The Covenants Advisors will be conducting inspections in Section 14 beginning within the next two weeks. This section includes single family units on: Pecos Lane, Hollister Pl., Frontier, Minerva, Oglethorpe, Conquest Cir., Klondike Ct., Charmay Pond, Woolsey, Good Hope, Explorer, Ringtail, Ducato, Rushmore, Meriweather, Red Admiral, Deleon, Kleinsmith, Emperor, Stockham, Vanguard and Ingersoll.
In an effort to maintain Brambleton as one of the most architecturally pleasing and best maintained communities in the area, comprehensive exterior inspections of homes and lots are ongoing throughout the year. These inspections are done by section and note all exterior modifications on residential lots. Included as part of the comprehensive inspections is confirmation that proper documentation, such as an approved application, is on file with the Association. All inspections are performed by members of BCA staff. Staff does not enter fenced yards or access decks during these inspections. In accordance with the Association’s enforcement policies, notice will be sent to provide time to correct items noted to be in violation of Brambleton’s governing documents or policies. Please contact the Covenants Advisors at 703-542-6263 or email@example.com with any questions or to report a concern.
Trash Reminders - Trash is collected on Tuesdays (from March - December, yard waste is also collected on Tuesdays). Trash, recycling, and scheduled bulk pick-ups are performed on Fridays. Bulk pick-ups can be requested via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Some items will incur an additional charge. Trash containers and recycling bins are to be put out no earlier than 6:00 PM on the evening before the scheduled pick-up day. All trash containers and recycling bins should be removed from the streets, walkways, or exterior portions of the lots following pick-up on the day of the scheduled trash removal. Trash containers and recycling bins are not permitted to be stored in a location visible from a neighboring property. Additional information can be found on our website. Any questions or concerns can be addressed with the Covenants Advisors at 703-542-6263 or email@example.com.
Have You Signed Up for MyBramHealth? - Learn more about this exclusive website for Brambleton residents at the Farmers’ Market, Fall Fest, and the Annual Meeting in November. Our first fitness and nutrition challenge is coming soon, and we’ll be raffling MyBramHealth giveaways (including cookware and a $500 gift card to Bicycle Outfitters)! Stop by the Welcome Center to learn more.