December 31, 2015
BCA Management Office Closure - The office will close today at 1:00 PM and reopen at 9:00 AM on Monday, January 4th.
Brambleton Race Traffic - The Ringing in Hope race will take place today, starting at the Brambleton Town Center, between the hours of 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. Please be advised that vehicular traffic around the Town Center and adjacent streets will be impacted during this time. LCSO Deputies and race marshals will be positioned along the race route to direct traffic. Please plan extra time to get to any scheduled activities at or around the Town Center, as traffic may be delayed due to the race.
Triple Crown Finisher Medal – Ringing in Hope: A New Year’s Eve Celebration is the last scheduled event in the Race Brambleton series. If you’ve already completed two races in the series (fun runs not included), stop by the Race Brambleton table to get your “brag swag”.
Trash & Recycling During the Holidays & Christmas Tree Pickup - Please take note of the following changes to trash and recycling collection services during the Holidays:
- New Year Day - Friday 1/1/2016: Trash and Recycling service will occur on Saturday, 1/2/2016.
- Christmas Tree Removal: Christmas trees will be collected for recycling on the first two Tuesdays of January: 1/5/2016 and 1/12/2016. BCA urges residents to take advantage of this eco-friendly service. Please note: Christmas trees must be placed curbside free of bags, ornaments and garland. Trees containing any of these items will be collected with the trash. Trees in excess of 8 feet in length need to be cut in half in order to be removed by the crews. After the Tuesday 1/12/2016 collection, Christmas trees will be removed with the trash.
- Beginning on January 1, 2016, the recently adopted 2016 Assessment Rates will be in effect. Owners using an online bill-paying service to pay assessments need to update payment amounts to the new assessment rates for 2016. This applies to both private bank services and to PayLease users. Please note that if you use Direct Debit, the payment amount will be automatically adjusted to align with the new assessment rate and no additional action is required. It is important to note that when using any online payment service, processing time may take up to 72 hours. You may visit our website to view the 2016 Assessment Rates
and various payment options
Development Activity Update – Brambleton’s developer continues to perform bond release activity throughout the community. Work may include asphalt repair; concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon.Adult Book Club
- January 11th, 7:30 PM at Brambleton Community Center. January's selection is The Kitchen House
by Kathleen Grissom. Stop by the BCA office to pick up your copy today!Safe Sitter CPR Course
- January 23rd, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM at Brambleton Corner Clubhouse. Designed for all caregivers, this class teaches child/infant CPR, injury prevention and management, choking rescue, and more. Cost is $99/student. Limited spaces are available. Sign up
Winter Programming - Looking for something to keep the family busy this winter? Check out what we're offering, including new programs like Junior Cotillion and Little Hands Handwriting Group. For more information, email email@example.com.
Help Support Rock Ridge Softball - The Rock Ridge High School softball team seeks donations to support their 2016 season. This will be the second year of the program’s existence, and Coach Katie Blessing is looking to build on a first season in which her squad won 6 games – an impressive record for a first-year team! To build on that success, the team is hoping to upgrade practice equipment and facilities, including installation of outdoor batting cages. Donations can be made online or by contacting Coach Blessing at Kathryn.Blessing@lcps.org.
Local High Schools Offer Online Student News – Keep up with what’s happening at the local high schools through the online student news sites for both Rock Ridge and Briar Woods, where you’ll find student-written features and updates for each school.
Friends of the Ashburn Library Winter Book Sale - January 29th - 31st free of charge. Presale - January 28th, $15 admission fee. Books, movies, music, and more all at great prices! Proceeds directly benefit the Ashburn Library. Donations of books, CDs, and DVDs will be collected between January 11th-27th during regular library hours.
Seeking New Covenants Committee Member
– The Covenants Committee is seeking one new member. If interested, please attend the meeting on Monday, January 11, 2016 so that you can meet existing members and get an understanding of the responsibilities of a Covenants Committee member. Meetings begin at 7:00 PM in the BCA Management Office, 42395 Ryan Road, Suite 210 (above the Welcome Center). If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Design Review
– The next meeting for Design Review will be Monday, January 11, 2016 at 7:00 PM. Applications will be reviewed for accuracy if received before January 6, 2016. Applications will be accepted in the office up to 4:00 PM on January 11, 2016 but may not be reviewed for accuracy and completion prior to the meeting. If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website
, or contact Elizabeth Stulga at email@example.com
, or call 703-542-6263.