December 18, 2015
Trash & Recycling During the Holidays & Christmas Tree Pickup - Please take note of the following changes to trash and recycling collection services during the Holidays:
- Christmas Day - Friday 12/25/2015: Trash and Recycling service will occur on Saturday, 12/26/2015.
- New Year Day - Friday 1/1/2016: Trash and Recycling service will occur on Saturday, 1/2/2016.
- Christmas Tree Removal: Christmas trees will be collected for recycling on the first two Tuesdays of January: 1/5/2016 and 1/12/2016. BCA urges residents to take advantage of this eco-friendly service. Please note: Christmas trees must be placed curbside free of bags, ornaments and garland. Trees containing any of these items will be collected with the trash. Trees in excess of 8 feet in length need to be cut in half in order to be removed by the crews. After the Tuesday 1/12/2016 collection, Christmas trees will be removed with the trash.
- Beginning on January 1, 2016, the recently adopted 2016 Assessment Rates will be in effect. Owners using an online bill-paying service to pay assessments need to update payment amounts to the new assessment rates for 2016 prior to January 1st, 2016. This applies to both private bank services and to PayLease users. Please note that if you use Direct Debit, the payment amount will be automatically adjusted to align with the new assessment rate and no additional action is required. It is important to note that when using any online payment service, processing time may take up to 72 hours. You may visit our website to view the 2016 Assessment Rates
and various payment options
.2016 Assessments for Residences at Brambleton and Residences at Brambleton II - The Board of Directors for each respective Condominium Association has approved the 2016 Budget. The monthly assessments for 2016 are as follows:
- Residences at Brambleton: $383.00
- Residences at Brambleton II: $384.00
All Residences owners not making direct debit payments in 2015 will receive a mailing to include a budget summary and 2016 coupon books before the end of this year. Please direct any questions or concerns to Traci Tranquilli at 703-385-1133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Ugly Sweater Brewery Tour: Spots Open for December 20th
Development Activity Update – Brambleton’s developer continues to perform bond release activity throughout the community. Work may include asphalt repair; concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon.
- 12:00 PM - 6:15 PM. Put on the ugliest sweater you can find, and join us for a tour of Loudoun County's best breweries! Tickets are $20 per person, which includes the bus transportation and driver. Each guest is responsible for purchasing their own tastings and food while on the tour. We will visit Lost Rhino Brewery, Adroit Theory Brewing Company, and Belly Love Brewery before arriving back at Lost Rhino Retreat in Brambleton Town Center. Sign up here to reserve your seat. Limited space remains. After you sign up
, visit this link
to pay for your ticket. You must pay the $20 ticket price prior to departure.Letters to Santa: Only a Couple Days Left!
– Kids, bring your letter to Santa to the Welcome Center to make sure it gets to the North Pole in time! In partnership with Macy's and Make-a-Wish, for every letter Santa receives, Macy's will donate $1 to the Make-a-Wish Foundation, up to $1 million. Letters will be collected through December 20th
. Please contact email@example.com
with any questions.Take the Bram Bus to Charlestown - Only a Few Spots Left!
– January 16th. Join us on the Bram Bus for a night out at Charlestown Casino & Slots. Board the bus at 7:00 PM in front of FOX Regal Cinemas. We'll depart Charlestown at 11:00 PM to be back in Brambleton by midnight. Sign up and buy your ticket ASAP to reserve your spot!Call for Roving Dinner Participants!
– Join your fellow Brambletonians on February 6th for a one-of-a-kind dinner party! Think progressive dinner meets scavenger hunt. You and your dinner companion, along with 6 or 7 other couples, will visit 3 different homes in Brambleton for a 50-minute cocktail party with hors d’oeuvres. But you won't know who you will meet at each home until you get there! All participants will end the evening together at the Corner Clubhouse for dessert, DJ, and dancing. Registration is capped at 100 couples. Register today at www.brambletonrovingdinner.com
. Email Kathy Turley
, Roving Dinner Chairperson, with questions.
Brambleton Presbyterian Church's Annual Carols and Candycanes - Looking for ways to spread some holiday cheer this weekend? Join your neighbors at Brambleton Corner Clubhouse this Sunday night, December 20th, for Christmas caroling! Meet at 6:30 PM to rehearse, and then break into groups to sing throughout the neighborhood. Everyone is welcome!!!
Local High Schools Offer Online Student News – Keep up with what’s happening at the local high schools through the online student news sites for both Rock Ridge and Briar Woods, where you’ll find student-written features and updates for each school.
Seeking New Covenants Committee Member
– The Covenants Committee is seeking one new member. If interested, please attend the meeting on Monday, January 11, 2016 so that you can meet existing members and get an understanding of the responsibilities of a Covenants Committee member. Meetings begin at 7:00 PM in the BCA Management Office, 42395 Ryan Road, Suite 210 (above the Welcome Center). If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Design Review
– The next meeting for Design Review will be Monday, January 11, 2016 at 7:00 PM. Applications will be reviewed for accuracy if received before January 6, 2016. Applications will be accepted in the office up to 4:00 PM on January 11, 2016 but may not be reviewed for accuracy and completion prior to the meeting. If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website
, or contact Elizabeth Stulga at email@example.com
, or call 703-542-6263.