Brambleton Community Association is currently preparing to transition its pools to meet Virginia’s Phase Three guidelines
. Restrictions will be loosened and occupancy limits will be increased as part of this transition. On Monday, July 6th, BCA pools will allow recreational swimming, and pool occupancy will increase to 50% of maximum pool capacity. Social distancing will be required on decks as well as in pools. The Phase Two “pool zones” will no longer be in place. In addition, the swim time for each designated pool shift will increase from 45 minutes to one hour and 45 minutes. Reservations are still required. Spas and water features remain closed. Guests are still not permitted at BCA pools during Phase Three due to capacity restrictions.Pool Capacity:
Phase Three mandates allow patrons to occupy pool facilities at 75% capacity with physical distancing. However, BCA considers this a significant increase from the current 10-12% capacity levels in Phase Two and plans to initially transition into Phase Three at 50% capacity. If the mandated physical distancing requirements can easily be met, then BCA will increase the occupancy percentage accordingly at a later date. 50% capacity numbers for our pools are as follows:
BCA Pools: Maximum Capacity at 50%Reservations:
Beacon Crest Pool: 66 people
Brambleton Corner Pool: 122 people
Community Center Pool: 103 people
Stratford Landing Pool: 70 people
Reservations for all pool uses (recreational swimming, lap swimming, or exercise) except swim lessons through LetSwim are required. Reservations must be made through https://booking.appointy.com/brambleton
- Change in Registration Procedures: When making a reservation, you must include the total number of household members that will be attending the pool during that reservation. This number cannot be greater than the total number of Bram Life Passes (pool passes) that are assigned to the household.
The following conditions apply:
- Bram Life Passes (pool passes) and reservations are required for entry.
- Reservations are limited to one swim session per day lasting for one hour and 45 minutes. Please note that everyone must exit the pool 15 minutes before the start of the next session so lifeguards can clean and prepare for the following session. All patrons need to exit the facility by the start of the following session.
- Reservations for each day will open at 12 a.m. on the day prior. For example, reservations for Saturday will open at 12 a.m. on Friday.
- Cancelation or rescheduling of a reservation must be done two hours prior to the session start time. Failure to cancel/show up for a reservation can result in the loss of future reservation privileges.
- Masks are required at check-in and in bathhouses.
- Registration through Appointy and use of the pool requires an agreement to assume risk.
- Guests are not permitted.
Please take note of all the information and requirements below and remember that it is still safer to Stay at Home.Swim Lessons:
Swim Lessons are held through LetSwim and require registration through their website at www.letswim.com
. An Appointy reservation is not required for lessons or classes held through LetSwim.Bram Life Passes:
Bram Life Passes (pool passes) will still be required for access to the pools for recreational swimming, lap swimming, exercise, or classes. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/pools
for more details on Bram Life Pass registration.Additional Important Information:
In addition, several other protocols have changed or been refined for the 2020 summer pool season. Please take note of the following warnings and protocols:
- You are Safer at Home. Use pool facilities at your own risk.
- Feeling sick? Patrons with COVID-19 symptoms are not permitted at pool facilities. Patrons experiencing fever (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher) or a sense of having a fever, a new cough that cannot be attributed to another health condition, new shortness of breath that cannot be attributed to another health condition, new chills that cannot be attributed to another health condition, a new sore throat that cannot be attributed to another health condition, or new muscle aches that cannot be attributed to another health condition or specific activity (such as physical exercise) shall stay home.
- Physical distancing of 10’ is required.
- Masks are required at check-in and while using restrooms or bathhouses.
- Enter through the main entrance. Exit through the emergency gate.
- Bring your own chair. BCA-provided chairs and lounges will not be available.
- Be responsible. Lifeguards are not babysitters or physical distancing enforcers.
- No guests are allowed. Babysitters and nannies will be permitted with valid passes.
- Parents, babysitters, and nannies can wait on deck if children are participating in lessons or programs.
- Restrooms and common use items will be cleaned and disinfected at a minimum of every two hours, as recommended by VDH.
All questions pertaining to pools this season should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org