April 17, 2020
BCA COVID-19 Response - The BCA Board and staff continue to actively monitor and discuss necessary actions being taken by the Association in order to protect the health and safety of the Brambleton community and mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Slowing the spread of COVID-19 is a community effort. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/covid19 for more information on actions being taken by BCA along with helpful recommendations and links for residents.
Brambleton Virtual Wine Tasting - BCA has partnered with Lost Rhino Brewing Company to bring to you a collection of local wines from six amazing wineries! Place your order by Sunday, May 3rd for a White Wine Six-Pack, Red Wine Six-Pack, or both! On Friday, May 8th, we will release videos from each participating winery on our website providing virtual tastings of their white and red selections. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/vwt to place your order today and find more information.
Biggest Catch Fishing Contest -
- Brambleton residents can receive 40% off of their orders with an exclusive coupon code! Visit our website to access the code. Note: Brambleton addresses will be verified by staff.
- Wine pickup dates/times will be provided by staff during the week of May 4th. Pickups will occur on May 7-8 at the Community Center.
Reel in the biggest fish from one of Brambleton’s ponds! Submit one photo with you and the fish you’ve caught between Friday, April 24th and Sunday, May 3rd. First, Second, and Third Place winners will each receive a prize as well as bragging rights! Visit our website
for contest rules and more information.INSIDE BCA
BCA Management Office Status - The BCA Management Office is temporarily closed to walk-in traffic through Wednesday, June 10th. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-542-6263 if you have any questions. Furthermore, notary services have been suspended until further notice.
Late Fee Waivers & Delayed Assessment Payments - The BCA Board has approved the waiver of April, May, and June 2020 late fees for single-family attached and detached homeowners whose income has been impacted by COVID-19. Also, if your income has been impacted and you would like to delay payment of your April to June assessments, please send an email to email@example.com and include the following information in your message:
- Owner(s) name(s), property address, and employer(s)
- An acknowledgement that you will pay any missed assessments no later than July 1, 2020. Note: An extension of this date will be considered if conditions warrant such change.
The Association will also consider payment plan proposals during this time. You may submit details of your proposed payment plan to the email address above. Please note that this waiver does not apply to Summerfield or Residences owners and their associations. For questions or concerns, please email or call (703) 542-6263.
Brambleton’s Wetlands Buffer - The intent of Brambleton’s wetlands buffer is to preserve and protect the identified wetlands and the natural state within this buffer in perpetuity. Brambleton’s wetland buffer has been identified with 4’ brown fiberglass stakes placed at the outer boundary of the buffer. Please be reminded that:
- Destruction or alteration of the preservation or buffer area is prohibited;
- Construction, maintenance, or placement of any structure within the buffer is prohibited;
- Ditching, land clearing, filling, excavating, grading, dumping of trash or yard debris, or adding or removing topsoil within the buffer is prohibited;
- Cultivating, harvesting, cutting, planting, pruning of trees and plants, using fertilizers or pesticides, watering, or other general maintenance within the buffer area is prohibited.
BCA EVENTS & PROGRAMMING
Egg Hunt on the Trail - The Brambleton Bunny has been hard at work putting together a family-friendly egg hunt for Brambleton residents to enjoy! You can find 25 colorful eggs hidden along the trails in Brambleton through Sunday, April 19th.
- There is also a Golden Egg hidden along the trails! Find the Golden Egg and send a selfie to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your Brambleton street address, in order to be entered into a gift card raffle. Only Brambleton residents are eligible for the gift card raffle.
- Please practice proper social distancing while using the trails and searching for eggs.
Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/trailegghunt to view the map of where eggs are hidden and find more information. Good luck and happy hunting!Food Truck Drive Through Lunches - Join us for our Food Truck Drive Through Lunches taking place every Wednesday from 11 AM to 2 PM at the Brambleton Community Center! Jambalaya Bros. will be stopping by next week on April 22nd, and you can click here for directions on how to pre-order your meal (no walk-up orders accepted). Visit our Facebook event page for details on future food truck visits as well!
COMMUNITY STANDARDSTime to Mow! -
- Lost Rhino Brewing Company will also be offering curbside pickup at this event from 12 to 2 PM! Orders can be placed now by calling 571-291-2083. Orders must be placed by 5 PM on Tuesday, April 21st. Visit www.lostrhino.com for more information.
The Association regularly hears from residents concerned with a lack of attention to necessary mowing on residential properties. Please remember that all turf areas on a lot must be kept neatly mowed, trimmed, and edged to a consistent height in accordance with our Property Maintenance Standards
. Turf may not be permitted to exceed 6 inches in height at any time. Turf areas and landscaping beds should be kept as weed free as possible. At no time should weed cover exceed more than 25% of the total turfed area. Please contact email@example.com
with questions or concerns.Blocking Roadways for Play is Not Safe -
BCA regularly receives concerns about community roadways being blocked off for play activity. The Association, VDOT, and Loudoun County do not condone street play and advise concerned residents to first approach the neighbors involved to directly resolve the concern. For unresolved concerns, we recommend contacting the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office non-emergency number (703-777-1021). Placement of personal "Children at Play" signs in roadways or common areas is also discouraged, as they have been shown to create a false sense of security.Wooden Fence Maintenance and Cleaning -
A wooden fence is a great way to keep your property private. However, it needs to be regularly maintained. Here are a few tips to help keep your fence looking great:
- Check all the pickets on the fence to make sure that no nails have come out and that no pickets have started to rot. Hammer any loose nails or replace them with new ones.
- Where a picket is rotting, warping, bending, or broken, put in a new one and repaint it to match.
- Where you have sectional fencing, test each of the sections to check that they’re secure. If any sections are leaning, you’ll need to ensure that they’re replaced in the ground properly so that they are straight.
- Where there’s mildew on any sections of the fence, you’ll need to clean it off. Every few years, your wood fence will need to be repainted or stained with a clear coat preservative.
Please remember that any fencing installations or color changes need prior permission from the Covenants Committee
. More information about the Design Review Application and Process can be found here
.GREATER BRAMBLETONDulles South Food Pantry Collection Bin -
BCA has proudly partnered with the Dulles South Food Pantry and placed a non-perishable item collection bin outside of the BCA Management Office. The Pantry provides nutritious food, personal supplies, and other services to those in need in Dulles South and the surrounding areas. Donations may be dropped off during BCA office hours (M-F, 9 AM to 5 PM) and will be collected weekly. Please visit the Pantry’s website
for a list of accepted donation items and more information.DEVELOPER NEWSNow Selling: Knutson in Downtown Brambleton -
The Knutson Companies have returned to Brambleton with their newly tweaked, award-winning architectural designs. Enjoy life in the heart of Downtown Brambleton with their newest townhomes collection priced from the low $500s. Schedule
a virtual appointment by calling Joanne at 703-930-3717.TALK OF THE TOWN CENTERSupport for the Brambleton Town Center -
Thank you for your continued support of our local merchants during this unprecedented time. As our doctors adapt to telehealth visits, and restaurants and retailers switch to contactless curbside pickups and deliveries, please be aware of any changes to retail hours. Click here
for a list of currently operating tenants and their phone numbers.Introducing BramFLEX -
We are pleased to launch BramFLEX, co-working office space available in the Brambleton Town Center. Enjoy a furnished office environment along with high speed internet, privacy, and security just minutes from home. Currently, 5 private offices and 2 desk spaces are available for daily, weekly, or monthly leases, and a conference room is available for hourly rentals. Send requests for space to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call the Welcome Center at 703-542-2925.Costa Dentistry -
Virtual appointments with Costa Dentistry are now available! Don't wait to talk with our dentists if you think you are experiencing a dental emergency. Visit www.costasmiles.com
for more information.COUNTY CORNERLCSO Prescription Pickup & Delivery Service -
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office has announced the creation of a prescription pickup and delivery assistance program for the county’s senior residents and those who are more vulnerable to COVID-19. More information can be found here
, including how to request this service.2020 Census - The 2020 Census is still underway! Over 65% of Loudoun County households have responded at this time. Household residents can provide responses online at www.2020Census.gov, by phone, or by mail. Visit the Loudoun County Census page for FAQs, helpful videos, and more information.
Loudoun County COVID-19 Response - Visit www.loudoun.gov/coronavirus for news updates and helpful information regarding Loudoun County’s response to the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Loudoun County households that have not yet responded to the 2020 Census will be receiving paper questionnaires through the mail this week. Reply envelopes with paid postage also will be included.
MARK YOUR CALENDARSSunday, April 19thEatLoco Farmers Market at Brambleton
, 9 AM to 1 PM - Legacy Park & Olympia Dr.FEEDBACK WELCOME!