COVID-19 Impact on Trash/Recycling and Verizon Services
Brambleton Community Association and its contractors are closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak situation in order to ensure we are doing the right thing for the health and safety of our residents, the community, and the people who serve us. Our number one priority is safety, and that is at the forefront of every decision we make.
Republic Services: Changes to Curbside Trash and Debris Collection
Republic Services is working hard to meet the demands of the Brambleton community. The increase in residents staying at home due to this unique situation has resulted in a significant rise in trash and debris. In an effort to maintain the highest quality customer service with minimal service disruption, Republic Services will temporarily modify its collection practices effective Tuesday, April 14th. Please take note of the following changes to service:
- Trash/Recycling: Only toter contents will be accepted. Crews will not pick up waste outside of the toter. Tips to get more volume in the cart/toter: Place trash toter out twice weekly for collection. Break down or crush boxes, plastic jugs, and bottles.
- Bulk Materials: Pickup of bulk items has been temporarily suspended.
- Yard Debris: Collection will continue under the current guidelines. However, this service may be temporarily suspended in the future based on Loudoun County authorization or the closure of local composting facilities due to COVID-19.
Verizon Fios: Changes to Verizon Services
Verizon also finds it necessary to make the following changes to their operations in an effort to ensure the safety of their customers (Brambleton residents) and employees. The following changes are effective immediately:
- Fiber Solutions Center Hours (888-553-1555): Due to limited staffing, technical support hours are now available between 8 AM and 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
- In-Home Installations & Repairs: All in-unit technician installations and repairs have been suspended at this time. Any repair or provision work within buildings will continue. However, technicians will work with residents to troubleshoot and support self-repair on any work inside the home.
Verizon continues to re-evaluate and adapt their operations daily based on the information at-hand and CDC safety recommendations. The Association will communicate any additional operational changes as we receive them. For assistance with your Fios account or service, please contact the dedicated bulk agreement call center at 800-501-1172 or contact technical support at 888-553-1555.