Love Where You Live!
BCA Community Standards Update 5/25/21
Essentially, all changes, permanent or temporary, to the exterior appearance of a building or lot are subject to review and approval by the Brambleton Community Association Covenants Committee. The review process is not limited to major additions or alterations, such as adding a room, deck, or patio. It also includes such minor items as changes in color and materials. Additionally, approval is required when an existing item is to be removed.
The Community Standards department typically receives over 100 applications per month during this time of year. To help ensure a timely and smooth process, please review the specific Design Review Guidelines
pertaining to your planned modification. Please also remember to reference your property address in the subject line of the email
when submitting an application, referring to the application, or inquiring about the application decision via email. Plan ahead and beat the rush; submit your application now!
Application Process -
The Design Review application process usually takes 3-6 weeks to complete, depending on the complexity of the request, the homeowner’s ability to provide requested documents prior to the deadline, and the overall application volume. The steps of the application process include:
- Homeowner submits a Design Review application to the Association or requests information on the application process.
- Homeowner works with the advisor assigned to their section to compile the necessary documentation and project details to accurately review the project. Approximately 75% of all applications are submitted to the Association incomplete.
- Advisors meet daily with the Community Standards Manager to review and report the status of applications.
- Atypical applications that are outside the Guidelines are reviewed with the General Manager for input.
- At the next scheduled Covenants Committee meeting, all completed applications are reviewed and discussed by the Committee. A consensus of the Committee (not staff) determines the decision any individual application receives.
Covenants Committee Meetings and Application Deadlines -
The Covenants Committee meets on the second Monday of each month to review applications. The application deadline is 5 PM on the Wednesday prior to the meeting. Any application that is incomplete or submitted past the deadline will be reviewed at the next scheduled Covenants Committee meeting.Decision Letters -
Decision letters are generated, emailed, and mailed within 3-5 business days following a meeting.
- Once approved, construction or alterations in accordance with the approved plans and specifications must commence within six months of the date listed on the approval letter and be completed within twelve months of that date. Otherwise, the approval by the Covenants Committee shall be deemed conclusively to have lapsed and to have been withdrawn.
- If an approval is received, and a decision is made to make any changes to the exterior modification(s) in the future, please remember it will be necessary to submit a new Design Review application to the Covenants Committee for review and approval.
- A post-approval inspection will automatically be scheduled and performed after one year to confirm that the modification(s) are constructed as approved and in compliance with BCA Guidelines. Homeowners may notify BCA if the construction is completed sooner.