Wi-Fi Instructions: How To Get It
Using the Brambleton Wireless System:
- The wireless hotspot will work with any Wi-Fi enabled laptop or computer with a Wi-Fi card installed.
- Your default SSID (Service Set Identifier) should work if it is set to discover automatically.
- If you are unable to locate the wireless network in SSID or network name, enter "Brambleton" or "BTCPhasell".
- Set your Network Properties to automatically obtain DHCP IP assignment and DNS information.
- There are no encryption levels.
- If you have never connected to a wireless system before, you may need to run the Network Connections Wizard before your wireless card will operate.
- If your system is XP Home or XP Pro, you may have to disable the default security settings for the system firewall (added to XP in SP2) to browse the Internet.
Wi-Fi Hotspots in Brambleton
Wi-Fi hotspots are located at the following locations:
In addition, hotspots can be found outside of the following town center locations:
- Brambleton Library
- Cold Stone Creamery
- California Tortilla
- Nick's Taverna
- Peet's Coffee
- OneLife Fitness