Neighborhood Block Party
2022 DATE: TBD
4:00pm - 11:00pm*
*we recommend shutting down at 10:00pm and having one hour for cleanup
A great way to build a safer and greater sense of
community is to get to know your neighbors!
The Neighborhood Block Party is designed to encourage the various neighborhoods within the community to gather with family and neighbors. Meet new neighbors, reconnect with old neighbors, develop long lasting friendships, build camaraderie, and make your neighborhood safer.
How It Works
STEP ONE - Designate a captain/co-captain to organize and manage your block party.
- The captains can choose a suggested park listed below or designate another area as your block party location. Please keep in mind that not all streets/areas can be closed off or used.
- ROAD CLOSURES - You cannot block any VDOT road without a permit, and BCA will need to review all roads you want to block.
- Email email@example.com with your location and captain names.
- The captains will be in charge of communicating to everyone in their block, making decisions on what to bring to the party, and also keeping BCA informed of basic details (location, number of people, etc.).
STEP TWO - Create a signup page.
- The captain(s) will create a signup webpage and email that link to firstname.lastname@example.org. We suggest using signupgenius.com.
- BCA will add your party location and signup page link under the list of Participating Block Parties.
- Captains are encouraged to share the links with neighbors directly and help spread the word about their parties.
STEP THREE - Register to participate.
- When you are ready to join a party, see the map and links below. Click which location you would like to join and you will be taken to the captain’s signup page.
- Once you are signed up, you will communicate directly with your captains for more information.
- All roads must have at least 10’ of open space for emergency vehicles to enter.
- All parties must be open to all residents. The idea is for residents who don’t know anyone to have the opportunity to meet new people.
- You are welcome to attend any party, but we suggest going to the one in your neighborhood.
- You will be responsible for setup and cleanup of your party.
- VDOT road closures must have a permit issued through VDOT.
- BCA road use/closure must be approved by BCA.
Map & Signup
- Below you will find a map of suggested party locations. These are centrally located parks and playgrounds. If the label is white, it means that nobody has chosen that park and it is available to plan your party. If the label is pink, the park has a captain and you can join that party.
- To the right of the map is the list of participating parties. You can click on the location you would like and it will take you directly to the proper signup page.
PARTICIPATING BLOCK PARTIES