September 6, 2019
Neighborhood Campout - Looking forward to camping out Brambleton-style? Join us on the weekend of September 14-15 for our annual Neighborhood Campout! We will have games, a moon bounce, a movie, fire pits, and more! Register for your tent site today.
2019 Election: A Call for BCA Board Candidates - BCA is seeking candidates for three seats on its Board that will be filled in this fall’s election. Please visit our Call for Candidates page for a Nominating Petition and the election timeline.
- Residents who have served on an Association committee or other board position or have an interest in serving the community typically make great candidates for a HOA board position. The commitment is for a three-year term.
- The Board regularly meets every even month beginning at 8:15 AM, with possible additional meetings to handle special Association business. Meetings typically last approximately two hours. The meeting time and frequency is subject to change if the new Board deems it appropriate or necessary. Specific requirements and duties for Board Members can be found in the Association’s governing documents available here.
- Residents interested in running for the Board are expected to schedule a meeting with General Manager Rick Stone to discuss the responsibilities and duties of a Board Member. If you have questions pertaining to the open Board positions or the election itself, please contact Mr. Stone at email@example.com.
Resident Comment Period: Morning Walk Park (Park 3) - The Grounds & Facilities Committee has drafted a plan and budget for Morning Walk Park (Park 3) that will be presented to the Board of Directors for consideration at their next meeting on Monday, September 9th at 7 PM. Residents can attend this meeting or email firstname.lastname@example.org to comment on the draft plan and budget. The draft plan and budget can be reviewed here. Park 3 project history can also be reviewed on our website.
FirstService Residential: New Resident Portal - FirstService Residential has launched a new and improved resident portal to access your assessment account. The new site features an improved design and enhanced security, providing access to the portal anytime from any device. Homeowners will be able to make payments, check balances, and link multiple Brambleton properties under one login account. The new site is scheduled to be launched on Monday, September 16th. Additional information with be communicated via the Friday Flash and our website.
BCA EVENTSWorld of Food Trucks - EatLoco's next World of Food Trucks event takes place on Thursday, September 12th from 5:30 to 8:30 PM at Legacy Park and Olympia Dr. Come out and enjoy a variety of local food trucks and relax with family and friends! Events take place every other Thursday through September 26th. Click here and visit www.eatloco.org/locotrucks for more information.
Fall Yard Sale -
This year’s Fall Yard Sale will take place on Saturday, September 21st from 8 AM to 12 PM. Sell from your home or at the Community Center. Register by 9 AM on Monday, September 16th to have your home included in our distribution list. Click here
for more information and to register.
Fall Fest -
- Green Drop will also be at the Community Center from 11:30 AM to 2 PM collecting donations, and Yuck Old Paint will be collecting paint cans from 8 AM to 12 PM (First 100 cans collected free of charge; $5/can afterwards).
This year’s Fall Fest
takes place on Saturday, October 5th from 12 to 6 PM. Come out with the whole family and enjoy rides, live music, food trucks, beer and wine, an artist marketplace, and more!
Neighborhood Block Party -
- Location: Shreveport Dr between Belmont Ridge Rd and Loudoun County Pkwy (Same location as Red White & BRAM)
- Tickets: Tickets will be sold at the gate for $10 per person with a Bram Life Pass (pool pass) and $15 per person without a pass. Entry includes unlimited rides. Entry is free for ages 2 and under.
- Volunteers: Volunteer registration is now open! Click here to sign up.
- Artists and Crafters: We are also accepting applications to participate in the Artist and Crafters Marketplace! This is a great opportunity to get your name and products in front of thousands of people. Visit the Fall Fest page for an application.
- Sponsors: Fall Fest is one of the best events to sponsor in Brambleton with attendance in the thousands. If you are interested in being a sponsor, please email email@example.com.
Brambleton’s first community-wide Neighborhood Block Party will take place on Saturday, October 19th from 4 to 11 PM! This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know your neighbors better, create a greater sense of community, and build a safer neighborhood. We are looking for residents to participate as well as serve as captains/co-captains for each block party. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are interested in being a captain. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/blockparty
for more information, including a map of suggested block party locations.
BCA PROGRAMMINGDrama Kids - Don’t miss out! Drama Kids’ Composite Elementary Class (Grades K-5) and Acting Academy (Grades 6-12) both start on Monday, September 9th at the Community Center. Visit the Drama Kids website to register and find more information.
Fall Sip & Craft - Join us on Sunday, September 15th at 3 PM for Fall Sip & Craft at the Brambleton Community Center! Relax with friends while you create a chic, custom piece of home decor. No experience necessary! This event is BYOB - food and drinks. Click here for more information and to register.
Soccer Shots -
The fall session of Soccer Shots will take place on Saturdays from 10 AM to 2 PM at the Creighton Soccer Field
. Click here
to register. Contact email@example.com
for more information.Little Hands Music -
Little Hands Music is looking forward to making fun music in Brambleton this fall! Sing, dance, and play instruments around a kitchen theme - from planting seeds to washing, chopping, and cooking imaginary veggies! Register and find more information here
.COMMUNITY STANDARDSDesign Review -
The next meeting for Design Review will be on Monday, September 9th. Applications
can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit our website
or call 703-542-6263.Wooden Fence Maintenance and Cleaning -
A wooden fence is a great way to keep your property private; however, it needs to be regularly maintained. Here are a few tips to help keep your fence looking great:
- Check all the pickets on the fence to make sure that no nails have come out and that no pickets have started to rot. Hammer any loose nails or replace them with new ones.
- Where a picket is rotting, warping, bending, or broken, put in a new one and repaint it to match.
- Where you have sectional fencing, test each of the sections to check that they’re secure. If any sections are leaning, you’ll need to ensure that they’re replaced in the ground properly so that they are straight.
- Where there’s mildew on any sections of the fence, you’ll need to clean it off. Every few years, your wood fence will need to be repainted or stained with a clear coat preservative.
Please remember that any fencing installations or color changes need prior permission from the Covenants Committee
. More information about the Design Review Application and Process can be found here
.GREATER BRAMBLETONGirl Scout Information Night -
Girl Scouts Service Unit 70-01 is hosting a Girl Scout Information Night on Thursday, September 12th at 7 PM in the Rosa Lee Carter Elementary School
cafeteria. If your daughter is interested in signing up, please fill out the interest form here
. Contact email@example.com
with any questions.Fall Native Plant Sale -
Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy will host a Fall Native Plant Sale on Saturday, September 14th from 9 AM to 3 PM in Morven Park
. Get free gardening advice from Virginia Master Naturalists, purchase plants and garden art, and more. Click here
for more information.Crossroads Music Festival - Come out for the Crossroads Music Festival, hosted by BENEFIT, on Saturday, September 21st in downtown Leesburg from 4 to 8 PM. Enjoy an evening of live music while giving back for a great cause! Click here for more information.
Two By Four Race -
Grab your running shoes, the dog, a leash, and the kids! Click here
to register for the third annual Two By Four Race Against Childhood & Canine Cancer
on Saturday, September 28th.
COUNTY CORNERLoudoun South Little League Team Celebration -
Loudoun County invites the community to celebrate the Loudoun South Little League team, the first team from Virginia in 25 years to go to the Little League World Series. The celebration will begin with a parade starting at 1 PM on Saturday, September 14th at the Dulles South Recreation and Community Center
. The parade will process to Freedom High School
, where the celebration will continue with a festival and ceremony recognizing all Loudoun 2019 All-Star Little League teams. More information can be found here
.National Preparedness Month -
Loudoun County encourages residents and businesses to take steps during September – National Preparedness Month – to prepare for all types of emergencies. This year’s theme is “Prepared, Not Scared.” Click here
for more information, including tips on preparing yourself and your family for all types of hazards.MARK YOUR CALENDARSSunday, September 8thEatLoco Brambleton Marketplace, 9 AM to 1 PM - Brambleton Plaza
Doggone Wild Pool Party, 2 to 6 PM - Community Center Pool
Monday, September 9th
Board of Directors & Covenants Committee Meeting, 7 PM - BCA Management OfficeTuesday, September 10thSafety & Security Committee Meeting, 7 PM - BCA Management OfficeThursday, September 12thEatLoco World of Food Trucks, 5:30 to 8:30 PM - Legacy Park & Olympia Dr