August 30, 2019
BCA Office Closed for Labor Day - The BCA Management Office will close today at 1 PM and remain closed through Monday, September 2nd in observance of Labor Day. The office will reopen on Tuesday, September 3rd at 9 AM.
BCA Pool Season Coming to an End - The last day that all Brambleton pools will be open is Monday, September 2nd. Following this date, Stratford Landing Pool will continue to be open on weekends only (11 AM to 6 PM) through Sunday, September 15th. Visit our website for a full schedule of pool hours.
2019 Election: A Call for BCA Board Candidates - BCA will open its Call for Candidates period on Friday, September 6th for the 2019 Board of Directors Election. BCA is seeking candidates for three seats on its Board that will be filled in this fall’s election. Please visit our Call for Candidates page for a Nominating Petition and the election timeline.
- Residents who have served on an Association committee or other board position or have an interest in serving the community typically make great candidates for a HOA board position. The commitment is for a three-year term.
- The Board regularly meets every even month beginning at 8:15 AM, with possible additional meetings to handle special Association business. Meetings typically last approximately two hours. The meeting time and frequency is subject to change if the new Board deems it appropriate or necessary. Specific requirements and duties for Board Members can be found in the Association’s governing documents available here.
- Residents interested in running for the Board are expected to schedule a meeting with General Manager Rick Stone to discuss the responsibilities and duties of a Board Member. If you have questions pertaining to the open Board positions or the election itself, please contact Mr. Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FirstService Residential: New Resident Portal - FirstService Residential has launched a new and improved resident portal to access your assessment account. The new site features an improved design and enhanced security, providing access to the portal anytime from any device. Homeowners will be able to make payments, check balances, and link multiple Brambleton properties under one login account. The new site is scheduled to be launched on Monday, September 16th. Additional information with be communicated via the Friday Flash and our website.
BCA EVENTS & PROGRAMMINGDog Gone Wild Pool Party -
Our annual Dog Gone Wild Pool Party takes place on Sunday, September 8th from 2 to 6 PM. Don’t let your furry friend miss out on the chance to dip in the pool before summer ends! Dogs must be registered prior to the event, and the entrance fee is $5 or a donation from the A Forever Home Wish List
. Register here
.World of Food Trucks - EatLoco's next World of Food Trucks event takes place on Thursday, September 12th from 5:30 to 8:30 PM at Legacy Park and Olympia Dr. Come out and enjoy a variety of local food trucks and relax with family and friends! Events take place every other Thursday through September 26th. Click here and visit www.eatloco.org/locotrucks for more information.
Neighborhood Campout -
Looking forward to camping out Brambleton-style? Join us on the weekend of September 14-15 for our annual Neighborhood Campout! We will have games, a moon bounce, a movie, fire pits, and more! Register for your tent site today
.Luis Rosado Tennis Academy: Middle School Tennis League -
Luis Rosado Tennis Academy’s Middle School Tennis League starts Monday, September 16th. Visit www.luistennis.net
to register and find more information. Flexible make-up dates will be available in case of weather cancellations. Space is limited, so sign up today!Fall Yard Sale -
This year’s Fall Yard Sale will take place on Saturday, September 21st from 8 AM to 12 PM. Sell from your home or at the Community Center. Register by 9 AM on Monday, September 16th to have your home included in our distribution list. Click here
for more information and to register.
Fall Fest -
- Green Drop will also be at the Community Center from 11:30 AM to 2 PM collecting donations, and Yuck Old Paint will be collecting paint cans from 8 AM to 12 PM (First 100 cans collected free of charge; $5/can afterwards).
This year’s Fall Fest
takes place on Saturday, October 5th from 12 to 6 PM. Come out with the whole family and enjoy rides, live music, food trucks, beer and wine, an artist marketplace, and more!
COMMUNITY STANDARDSComprehensive Lot Inspections Starting in September -
- Tickets: Tickets will be sold at the gate for $10 per person with a Bram Life Pass (pool pass) and $15 per person without a pass. Entry includes unlimited rides. Entry is free for ages 2 and under.
- Volunteers: Volunteer registration is now open! Click here to sign up.
- Artists and Crafters: We are also accepting applications to participate in the Artist and Crafters Marketplace! This is a great opportunity to get your name and products in front of thousands of people. Visit the Fall Fest page for an application.
- Sponsors: Fall Fest is one of the best events to sponsor in Brambleton with attendance in the thousands. If you are interested in being a sponsor, please email email@example.com.
Staff will be conducting comprehensive inspections beginning Wednesday, September 4th in Sections
11, 15, and 16. More information regarding comprehensive inspections can be found here
. If you have any questions, please call 703-542-6263 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
.Guideline Revisions -
The BCA Board of Directors has approved the draft design guideline revisions to be sent to the community via email blast for review and public input for a period of 30 days. The draft revisions are posted on the BCA website at www.brambletonhoa.com/guidelinerevisions
. Community suggestions can be submitted here
, and all suggestions will be reviewed and evaluated at the Covenants Committee meeting on Monday, September 9th beginning at 7 PM. A final decision by the Board on the adoption of the revised guidelines is expected to take place in October 2019.Landscape Bed Maintenance -
Turf areas and mulched landscape beds are to be kept as weed-free as reasonable. At no time shall weeds exceed more than 25% of the total turf area or 10% of mulched areas. Mulching landscape beds is one of the best ways to prevent weeds from growing out of control. More information and tips on landscape bed maintenance can be found here
. Please contact the Community Standards team
with any questions or to report a concern.GREATER BRAMBLETONLace Up for Learning 5k: Early Bird Rates Ending! -
Save $5 per 5k registration by signing up for the 7th annual Lace Up for Learning 5k before Sunday, September 1st using the coupon code FRIFLASH. Don’t miss the school spirit event of the year benefiting your schools on Saturday, November 2nd! Visit www.LaceUpforLearning.com
to register and find more information.“Dentistry from the Heart” Free Dental Clinic -
Costa Dentistry and Northern Virginia Orthodontics will join together on Saturday, September 28th to provide FREE dental care to those in need. This “Dentistry from the Heart” event will be held at NVO’s Reston office (12110 Sunset Hills Rd #475) from 8 AM to 3 PM. Patients will be helped on a first come, first served basis and can receive a dental cleaning, extraction, or filling.
TALK OF THE TOWN CENTERLCSO to Conduct Sobriety Checkpoint -
EatLoco Brambleton Marketplace: Market Manager - EatLoco is hiring for a new Market Manager for the Brambleton Marketplace! Duties include setting up signs, directing vendors to assigned spaces, monitoring the market for issues, answering questions from vendors and customers, and performing breakdown at the end of the day. Hours are Sundays from 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM, March through November. Contact Dan Hine at email@example.com if you are interested in this position.
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office will conduct a sobriety checkpoint tonight, August 30th, beginning shortly after 10 PM. Members of the LCSO Auxiliary Unit and volunteers from the Loudoun Chapter of MADD will assist with the checkpoint.Loudoun Commuting Workshop -
Loudoun County is hosting a “Carpooling, Trip Planning Services & Commuter Incentives” workshop on Wednesday, September 4th from 10 to 11 AM at the Workforce Resource Center
. Loudoun Transit and Commuter Services will be on hand to share travel options, helpful resources, and commuter incentives. Click here
to register for this free workshop and find more information.Loudoun County Jury Service Surveys -
Approximately 45,000 Loudoun County residents will receive jury questionnaires by mail in September. This process enables the jury office to establish a qualified pool of jurors who may be summoned to serve jury duty in 2020. Recipients can complete the questionnaire online (preferred) or by mail. More information can be found here
and at www.loudoun.gov/jury
.MARK YOUR CALENDARSSunday, September 1stEatLoco Brambleton Marketplace, 9 AM to 1 PM - Brambleton Plaza
Monday, September 2nd
BCA Management Office closed for Labor DayWednesday, September 4thDMV2GO, 9 AM to 4 PM - Harris Teeter Parking Lot
Events Committee Meeting, 7:30 PM - BCA Management OfficeThursday, September 5thDMV2GO, 9 AM to 4 PM - Harris Teeter Parking Lot