September 3, 2021
BCA Office Closed for Labor Day - The BCA Management Office will close today at 1 PM and remain closed through Monday, September 6 in observance of Labor Day. The office will reopen on Tuesday, September 7 at 9 AM.
BCA Pool Season Ending 9/6 - All BCA pools will close for the summer at 8 PM on Monday, September 6. The Brambleton Corner Pool has already closed for the season. We look forward to reopening next summer!
2021 Election: A Call for BCA Board Candidates - BCA is seeking candidates for two seats on its Board that will be filled in this year's election on Tuesday, November 16. Please visit our Call for Candidates page for a Nominating Petition and the election timeline. The nominating period will close on Friday, September 24 at 5 PM.
- Residents who have served on an Association committee or other board position or have an interest in serving the community typically make great candidates for a HOA board position. The commitment is for a three-year term.
- The Board regularly meets every even month, with possible additional meetings to handle special Association business. Meetings typically last approximately two hours. The meeting time and frequency is subject to change if the new Board deems it appropriate or necessary. Specific requirements and duties for Board Members can be found in the Association’s governing documents available here.
- Residents interested in running for the Board are expected to schedule a meeting with General Manager Rick Stone to discuss the responsibilities and duties of a Board Member. If you have questions pertaining to the open Board positions or the election itself, please contact Mr. Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BCA Verizon Bulk Video Review: Resident Forum - Brambleton residents are welcome to voice their opinions regarding the continuation of Verizon's Bulk Video Service to the BCA Board of Directors and Community Technology Committee on Tuesday, September 14 at 7 PM. The Board meeting with resident forum will be held through Zoom. Please register here by 5 PM on the meeting date to attend the session.
BCA EVENTS & PROGRAMMINGBetter Together Fest Volunteers -
- Additionally, residents are welcome to attend the next Community Technology Committee meeting on Tuesday, September 7 at 7 PM. Please register here by 5 PM on the meeting date to attend.
- Please visit www.brambletonhoa.com/techsurvey for more information on the Bulk Video Service review process. Any questions or comments can be directed to email@example.com.
Volunteer registration is now open here
for our Better Together Fest on Saturday, October 9! Sign up before Monday, September 13 to be guaranteed to receive an event t-shirt. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/bettertogether
for more information about this event.Fall Neighborhood Campout -
This year's Fall Neighborhood Campout will take place on September 18-19! Residents are encouraged to participate by either camping at one of our neighborhood parks/common areas (signup required) or in their own backyards. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/campout
for a signup link and more information.Fall Yard Sale -
Save the date for our annual Fall Yard Sale on Saturday, September 25! This year's sale will take place from 8 AM to 12 PM at Brambleton residents' homes. Stay tuned to www.brambletonhoa.com/yardsale
for more information.FIR Boot Camp -
Fitness Image Results provides a unique training method combining engaging workouts, motivation, and a supportive community. Outdoor, indoor, and virtual training programs are available. Also, bring a friend for free for three months when you register here
and use the code FRIEND3.COMMUNITY STANDARDSDesign Review -
The next Covenants Committee Meeting will be held on Monday, September 13 at the BCA Management Office. Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pet Waste Removal -
- Please remember the application submission deadline is 5 PM on Wednesday, September 8, the Wednesday prior to the Covenants Committee Meeting. Any application that is incomplete or submitted past the deadline will be reviewed at the next scheduled Covenants Committee meeting.
- If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website or call 703-542-6263.
With the warmer weather, more people are out walking their dogs, and we have seen an increase in pet waste. Please be a considerate neighbor and pick up and dispose of your pet’s waste. It is unsightly, unsanitary, and harmful to the environment to allow the waste to remain. There are several pet waste receptacles with bag dispensers located throughout Brambleton. Removal and disposal of waste is part of our Pet Policy
as well as a Loudoun County Ordinance, whether on your own property or in a common area. More information can be found here
. For assistance with questions or to report a concern, please contact the Community Standards department
.Tree Care Reminders -
Residents are reminded that they are responsible for maintaining trees and bushes on their property. These responsibilities include:
- Trimming/pruning trees to a minimum of 8 feet above the sidewalk to allow for free, unobstructed passage on the sidewalk.
- Maintaining all trees and landscaping within the scale of the property.
- Removing tree stakes which have been in place for more than one year.
- Removing dead plant material promptly and planning for required replacements.
When to prune trees depends largely on the intended result. Light pruning and the removal of dead wood can be done anytime. Please contact the Community Standards department
with any questions or concerns.GREATER BRAMBLETONCub Scouts: Pack 1483 -
Join Cub Scout Pack 1483 for an information night
on Tuesday, September 7 at 6:30 PM at Hillside Elementary
! They serve girls and boys at Waxpool, Hillside, and Moorefield Station ES. Programming focuses on the outdoors, community service, and other activities. They will also hold a Zoom info ?night on Thursday, September 9 at 7 PM. Email email@example.com
for more details.Cub Scouts: Pack 1500 -
Join Cub Scout Pack 1500 for a Join Scouting Night
on Wednesday, September 8 at 7 PM in the Legacy Elementary
cafeteria. Sign up here
to receive more information.Girl Scouts -
Interested in joining Girl Scouts in the Brambleton area? Give your girl the gift of belonging to a community of leaders making the world a better place! Join them in the Legacy Elementary
cafeteria on Thursday, September 9 at 7 PM. Click here
to get on the interest list, and review their flyer
for more details as well.US Flag Retirement Ceremony -
Please join Boy Scout Troop 761 for a US flag retirement ceremony on Saturday, September 11 at 7 PM in Legacy Park (near Olympia Dr). Please bring a chair. If you would like to attend, please RSVP here
. The BCA Management Office (42395 Ryan Rd, Suite 210) is also accepting flags to retire at this ceremony; flags can be placed in the wooden box in the lobby.We’re All Human Color Run 5K for Teen Suicide Prevention -
The Ryan Bartel Foundation is excited to bring back the We’re All Human Color Run 5K! Join them on Sunday, September 19 at Woodgrove High School
for the in-person 5K or participate in their virtual event on September 21-26. Families will come together to run/walk/skip a fun 5K, get showered with color, and celebrate individuality, connectedness, and life. Click here
to register and find more information.Tee Off for Children’s Literacy -
Join All Ages Read Together for their 10th Annual Tee Off for Children’s Literacy on Thursday, September 30 at Raspberry Falls Golf Club from 9 AM to 3 PM. Enjoy 18 holes of golf, a silent auction, and a BBQ awards luncheon. All proceeds fund AART’s preschool programs. More information can be found here
.TALK OF THE TOWN CENTERFriDAZE on the Plaza! -
Kick off the weekend with the Brambleton Town Center's new monthly event: FriDAZE on the Plaza. Enjoy live music and entertainment as well as specials from our Town Center restaurants and retailers. The first FriDAZE event will take place on September 17 from 5 to 8 PM along the Brambleton Plaza between Blue Ridge Grill and AhSo Restaurant.Birchwood Bazaar & Craft Show -
Find great gifts at the Birchwood Bazaar & Craft Show on Saturday, October 2 from 10 AM to 4 PM at the Birchwood Clubhouse (42840 Beaver Crossing Square). There will be homemade and handcrafted items for sale, plus a charity bake sale and a beverage truck. For more information, contact BirchwoodBazaar@gmail.com
.COUNTY CORNERNew Loudoun COVID-19 Vaccination Site -
Loudoun County will begin operating a COVID-19 vaccination site at Sterling Elementary
tomorrow, September 4. This site will be open every Saturday from 11 AM to 4 PM by appointment only until further notice. Vaccinations at this location are free and available to everyone age 12 years and over. More information can be found here
.National Preparedness Month -
Loudoun County officials encourage residents and businesses to take time to prepare for emergencies in September, which is National Preparedness Month. This year’s theme is “Prepare to Protect”, which highlights how preparing for disasters helps to protect your loved ones. Visit www.loudoun.gov/ready
for more details, including weekly themes and helpful resources.MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Saturday, September 4Neighborhood Block PartyFEEDBACK WELCOME!
, 4 to 11 PM - Various LocationsSunday, September 5EatLoco Farmers Market at Brambleton
, 9 AM to 1 PM - Legacy Park & Olympia Dr.Monday, September 6BCA Management Office closed for Labor Day
Tuesday, September 7
Community Technology Committee Meeting (Hybrid), 7 PM
Committee members will be provided with a Zoom meeting link. Residents wanting to attend virtually must register here
by 5 PM on the meeting date.