April 2, 2021
Yard Waste Collection Update Reminder - As of April 1, 2021, Republic Services will no longer recycle any yard waste contained in plastic bags, clear or otherwise. This policy will be in effect in Brambleton starting on Tuesday, April 6. Yard waste consisting of grass clippings and leaves must be placed in dedicated containers or in paper “yard waste” bags for collection. Yard waste decals for containers are available at the BCA Management Office. Click here for a full overview of Republic Services’ collection guidelines. Questions can be submitted to email@example.com.
Egg Hunt on the Trail - The Egg Hunt on the Trail has been extended until Sunday, April 11 to take advantage of the beautiful weather next week! Find 24 colorful eggs and look out for a special golden egg and the Easter bunny. Visit our website for more details. Good luck and happy hunting!
- Note: Please do not remove eggs and please practice social distancing while on the trails.
INSIDE BCABCA EVENTS & PROGRAMMINGFood Truck Fridays -
BCA Resale Disclosure Package & PUD Questionnaire Service Update - As of April 1, 2021, BCA will process single-family home and townhome resale disclosure packets, PUD questionnaires, and refinance and payoff requests through HomeWiseDocs. Requests for Residences and Summerfield Condominiums will continue to be processed through WelcomeLink. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/resales for more information.
BCA Is Hiring - BCA is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Community Engagement Assistant and a part-time Pool Coordinator. Please visit our Careers page for job descriptions and more information.
Join us for Food Truck Fridays every other Friday from 5 to 8 PM! Enjoy delicious offerings from a variety of food trucks at Legacy Park (off of Olympia Dr). Colombian Station
will kick off this event with their visit on Friday, April 9. Visit our Facebook event page
for more information.Safe Sitter: April Course -
The next Safe Sitter
course is scheduled for Saturday, April 10 from 9 AM to 2:30 PM at the Community Center
. Courses are open to Brambleton residents only and limited to 8 people with social distancing measures in place. RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
.Brains and Brews: Virtual Trivia Night - Join your neighbors for a fun night of trivia hosted by World's Okayest Trivia on Friday, April 23 at 7 PM. Put your knowledge to the test and earn bragging rights for the most correct answers. Visit our website to sign up and find more information.Biggest Catch Fishing Contest - Save the date for this year’s Biggest Catch Fishing Contest! Reel in the biggest fish from one of Brambleton’s ponds and submit a photo between Saturday, April 24 and Sunday, May 2. Visit our website for contest rules and more information.LetSwim Group Lessons -
LetSwim Summer 2021 Group Swim Lessons are now open for registration in Brambleton! Visit the Customer Portal
to register for classes, and click here
for group class descriptions.
COMMUNITY STANDARDSDesign Review -
- New registrants should create an account first before searching classes. If you can't remember your password, you can reset it here.
The next Covenants Committee Meeting is scheduled via Zoom on Monday, April 12. Applications can be submitted to email@example.com
Proper Storage of Play Equipment -
- Please remember the application submission deadline is 5 PM on Wednesday, April 7, the Wednesday prior to the Covenants Committee Meeting. Any application that is incomplete or submitted past the deadline will be reviewed at the next scheduled Covenants Committee meeting.
- If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website or call 703-542-6263.
- Residents interested in attending virtually need to register here by 5 PM on the day of the meeting. A Zoom meeting link will be sent to confirmed residents who register.
BCA would like to share a friendly reminder regarding where play equipment should be stored when not in active use:
- Portable play equipment that is easily transportable by one person, such as soccer nets, bikes, or scooters, must be stored out of view of neighboring properties when not in use.
- Permanent or semi-permanent play equipment constituting a structure, such as a swing set, playhouse, sand box, etc., requires an approved application and must be maintained in conformance with our guidelines.
- Basketball hoops must be located a minimum of 15 feet from the street adjacent to the driveway. An application is not required for portable basketball equipment that is placed properly and in compliance with our guidelines.
Please contact the Community Standards department
with any questions or concerns.Pet Waste Removal -
With the warmer weather, more people are out walking their dogs, and we have seen an increase in pet waste. Please be a considerate neighbor and pick up and dispose of your pet’s waste. It is unsightly, unsanitary, and harmful to the environment to allow the waste to remain. There are several pet waste receptacles with bag dispensers located throughout Brambleton. Removal and disposal of waste is part of our Pet Policy
as well as a Loudoun County Ordinance, whether on your own property or in a common area. More information can be found here
. For assistance with questions or to report a concern, please contact the Community Standards department
.GREATER BRAMBLETONBrambleton Community Holiday Services -
The following places of worship will host holiday services this Sunday, April 4:
Girl Scouts Weekend Warriors -
- Brambleton Presbyterian Church is offering two in-person services at Legacy Elementary with an awesome keepsake for the kids. They are also hosting a virtual service and an outdoor, self-paced Egg-Cellent Adventure for Families. All are welcome! Register and find more information here.
- Arcola Church is hosting an in-person, outdoor Sonrise worship service at 6:30 AM and concurrent online/in-person services at 8 AM, 9:30 AM, and 11 AM. Click here to register for in-person attendance (by tonight). Visit their website or Facebook page to stream online services.
Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital offers a variety of ways to participate in Girl Scouting, such as events, troop affiliation, and summer camps! They are seeking non-current members in Grades 3-5 to participate in a two-day weekend event
(April 9-10 or May 7-8) where they can get outside and explore nature in our community. Contact Brianne M Heer
with any questions.Fairways for Hope Golf Tournament -
The Ryan Bartel Foundation is hosting its first ever golf tournament on Monday, April 26 at the Lansdowne Golf Resort. All proceeds support their programs to prevent teen suicide, including teen meetups, teen workshops, and parent panels. Sponsorships are available before Friday, April 16, and registration is open for single golfers and foursomes. Click here
to register and find more information.COUNTY CORNERLoudoun Vaccination Efforts -
Loudoun County is working with community partners to help people know if they meet current vaccination criteria, how to make an appointment to receive a vaccine, and where to go to get vaccinated. Visit www.loudoun.gov/COVID19vaccine
for more information, including pre-registration instructions.Loudoun COVID-19 Testing Events -
Loudoun County will continue to hold free, drive-thru COVID-19 testing events at multiple locations on Tuesdays through April. Due to limited capacity, people who plan to attend are encouraged to complete a registration form prior to arrival. Testing events are open to all with no prescriptions or appointments necessary. No vaccines will be available at these events. More information can be found here
.MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Sunday, April 4EatLoco Farmers Market at BrambletonFEEDBACK WELCOME!
, 9 AM to 1 PM - Legacy Park & Olympia Dr.
Tuesday, April 6
Board of Directors Meeting (Remote), 6 PM
Residents can attend virtually through this Zoom meeting link
(registration not required).
Wednesday, April 7
Community Technology Committee Meeting (Remote), 7 PM
Committee members will be provided with a Zoom meeting link. Residents wanting to attend virtually must register here by 5 PM on the meeting date.