BCA Pools Update: Reservations Discontinued &
New Break Rules Implemented Effective 7/22
Brambleton Community Association continued use of its Appointy pool reservation system in Phase Three in anticipation of a high demand for pool use. Over the past two weeks, we have found that BCA pools are typically operating at less than 25% occupancy capacity. Due to this fact, we are discontinuing use of the pool reservation system on Wednesday, July 22nd
In addition, hourly pool breaks lasting 15 minutes will return on Wednesday but with new protocols in place. The only pool activity allowed during breaks will now be lap swimming. All patrons, regardless of age, can remain in pools if they are continuously swimming laps during break periods. If you are not swimming laps, regardless of age, then you must exit pools during this time. This rule applies to the three BCA pools where laps can be swam: Community Center Pool, Brambleton Corner Pool, and Beacon Crest Pool. As Stratford Landing Pool is not suitable for continuous lap swimming, all patrons must exit this pool during break periods. Once COVID cleaning mandates are no longer required, then break periods will be shortened to 10 minutes. These new protocols meet Fair Housing requirements related to age and/or familial status.**Absent a health or safety concern, it is unlawful for a homeowners association to have a pool rule that differentiates between the way an adult uses the pool and the way a child uses the pool.
The maximum capacity at BCA pools during Phase Three remains at 50% of the total permitted occupancy.
Beacon Crest Pool: 66 people
Brambleton Corner Pool: 122 people
Community Center Pool: 103 people
Stratford Landing Pool: 70 people
All pools will operate from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm daily starting July 22nd.
Pool patrons are asked to limit their time at the pool to two hours during peak use times and high bather loads. This courtesy will allow your neighbors to enjoy the pool as well.Other Pool Reminders and Updates
- Physical Distancing: Distancing of 10’ is required at all locations within the pool and in common areas.
- Face coverings:
- At check-in and in bathhouses: Required
- On deck: Strongly encouraged
- Face coverings for customer-facing employees: Required when working at the check-in desk and while dealing with customers when social distancing can’t be achieved.
- Lap Lanes: Lap lane capacity is limited to a maximum of three swimmers.
- Break: 15-minute breaks will occur every hour (:45-:00). Everyone must exit the pool except lap swimmers, regardless of age. Swimming must be continuous during the break.
- Pool Chairs & Shade: Patrons must bring their own chairs and other pool furniture.
- Showers/Changing/Use of Restrooms: It is recommended to take care of these actions at home rather than at pool facilities.
All questions pertaining to pools this season should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org