BCA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update #2: March 16, 2020
The Brambleton Community Association Board and staff are continuing to monitor Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines as well as actions being taken on national, state, and local levels to address the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, BCA believes it is imperative to take these additional actions at this time:
- All BCA events have been canceled through Friday, May 22nd. This cancelation includes Bram Bus trips, the Bramble Bunny Egg Hunt, the Spring Block Party, the Spring Yard Sale, the Food Truck Picnic in May, and the Bram Beer & Wine Fest.
- The Step Sisters have canceled the 2020 Ribbon Run/Walk.
- More details will be announced soon regarding the cancelation or postponement of the JDRF One Walk.
- All BCA programming has been canceled through May 22nd. Exceptions may be made if social distancing can be firmly achieved and observed.
- Private clubhouse rentals: Any private rentals scheduled at BCA facilities through Friday, May 22nd can be canceled and refunded in full. Refunds must be requested at least three business days in advance of the rental date.
- All BCA tot lots and play equipment have been closed through Friday, May 22nd and will be fenced off accordingly.
- The Legacy Park sand volleyball court has been closed through May 22nd. The net will be removed from the court as well.
- All BCA tennis lessons and programs have been suspended through May 22nd. Tennis and basketball courts will remain open for family use only. Social distancing must be observed while playing.
Residents Services and Association Administration
- Bram Life Pass (pool pass) registration is still available through the online application process only. Passes will be mailed to owners’ Brambleton home addresses once processed. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/pools for online application instructions.
- Beacon Crest Pool is scheduled to open early on the weekends of May 9-10 and May 16-17. BCA will reevaluate these dates in accordance with current guidelines and conditions by Friday, May 1st.
- All other pools are scheduled to open on Saturday, May 23rd. BCA will reevaluate this date in accordance with current guidelines and conditions by Friday, May 22nd.
The BCA Management Office is currently closed to walk-in traffic but will remain open on an appointment-only basis. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 703-542-6263 if you would like to schedule an appointment. This policy is currently scheduled to last through Friday, May 22nd.
Most services available at the BCA Management Office are also available online at www.brambletonhoa.com
or through FirstService Residential’s Resident Portal
. Please confirm that your desired service or action is not available through the website, by email, or over the phone prior to setting up an appointment. Some of those online services include:
Furthermore, notary services have been suspended until further notice at the BCA Management Office. Any other inquiries can be directed to email@example.com
or 703-542-6263 for assistance.
- The BCA Board of Directors meeting originally scheduled for Tuesday, April 14th has been rescheduled to take place on Tuesday, May 12th at 6 PM at the BCA Management Office.
- All BCA Committee meetings during March and April have been canceled. Committee members can use email or the Microsoft Teams platform for discussions, but they cannot act or make recommendations on any Association matters.
Every individual needs to do their part to slow the spread of COVID-19. These are just some of the recommended actions you should take:
- Educate yourself and your family. Conditions are changing daily. Stay informed by visiting the links provided at the end of this message.
- Avoid close contact with others, especially people who are sick. Keep a 6-foot zone of space around you. Avoid small and large group settings.
- Cover your cough. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched items.
- Wash your hands often for 20 seconds every time. Use sanitizing gel when soap and water are not readily available.
- Know the signs and symptoms of COVID-19. If you are showing symptoms, call your doctor before seeking testing and treatment. Stay home and self-quarantine if mildly ill.
- Create a household plan in case of illness.
Conditions, concerns, and actions related to COVID-19 can change daily. BCA will continue to monitor and update its actions accordingly. The Association will provide any further updates on our website, on our Facebook page, and in the Friday Flash. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. All other questions or concerns can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-542-6263.
CDC – General Information: www.cdc.gov/COVID19
CDC – Strategies for Communities: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/community-mitigation-strategy.pdf
Virginia Department of Health: www.vdh.virginia.gov
Loudoun County Health Department: www.loudoun.gov/5307/Coronavirus; www.loudoun.gov/DocumentCenter/View/159544/COVID-stop-the-spread-of-germs-Eng